Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Cookie Bake

Well, we had it... the annual Cookie Bake. Although it has been know by other names... "The Cookie Cook-Off", "Cookie Day", or even by Cody as "The K-B" (not to be confused with kind-buds)----we still insist on calling it "The Cookie Bake". For those of you who are unfamiliar with this event, I will explain. "The Cookie Bake" is a day where the Sorensen girls (sisters, sisters-in-law and our Mother) meet in Rosemary's kitchen and bake our favorite Christmas cookies all day. Sounds pretty cheesey, I know...but it's been a tradition ever since I can remember and is actually quite fun. Plus taking home dozens of different kinds of delicious cookies isn't so bad either. This is a photo of one my top two favorite cookies... Chocolate Parfait. Rosemary makes this one because "it's kind of tempermental"--she explains. I think she just doesn't want any of us to screw it up because it's her favorite too.
The other of my favorite two cookies.... Orange Carrot. My Mom trusted me to make these cookies this time. I guess she believes, with age comes experience.
Holly and her balls. (Cookie balls, that is)

Of course we had to sample a few, just to make sure they tasted yummy enough to share with our friends.
If Cody asks me one more time "do you think we have enough cookies?", I'll poison the next one he eats. I have them to share with all of you, so the next hand I see reaching for an Orange Carrot or Gingercream better be yours.

10 comments:

Kim said...

You've taken back the computer! yeah!
Those cookies look so yummy, I will definitely be coming by to try some! And you know Zack will.

Anonymous said...

Yummmy. Those look divine. Orange Carrot? Gingercream? Wow, I'm impressed!

ali said...

Um, does this mean I can just stop by at random for a cookie? This post is making me drool....

Anonymous said...

i love the part about cody's sarcastic "enough cookies" remark. next time, just say NO! we're almost out of chocolate parfait and they're my favorite! (this is my mode of action, and so far it's worked...)

Lorilee said...

good idea Holly.

sarah marie. said...

i rolled when you wrote you're mom says "they're kind of tempermental" because that's exactly how she describes making them. and what is the new sweet treat at the bottom with the chocolate drizzle?! i can't wait for those and the orange carrot and of course my personal favorite..the tempermental chocolate parfait. ily.

Alan said...

I'm not sure how I ended up on your blog- but those cookies look incredible! Any chance you are willing to share the recipes?

Lorilee said...

I have no problem sharing recipes.. I checked out your blog, and it looks like you've done some sweet baking of your own.

Alan said...

I'm so glad your willing to share! Would you mind sending me the Orange Carrot and the Chocolate Parfait? You are so nice to share with some random stranger! Thanks!! (christine_curtis@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

i forgot to tell you: when i was looking at the mouth-watering picture of the chocolate parfait, one of my co-workers said "are you trying to sell that on ebay?" just the picture is worth loads.