Tonight Lucy is going home. She has been staying with Cody and I for the past 12 days and has been at my side non-stop. Some of my friends (Sarah and Jamie) have recently expressed their feeling about dog sitting and dog watching and how annoying it can be to have an animal (or anyone for that matter) follow your every step, into every room, and watch your every move. I think I would feel the same if I were watching someone elses dog... but since it's my own pride and joy, I love it. I feel like she really likes being around me, and truely loves me. yeah, yeah, yeah, I know she's just a dog.....but a very special dog indeed. Let me tell you a few things about her... (I'm sure most of you will stop reading at this point, but I don't care.)
1. She's a total scaredy cat... (more like scaredy-dog he he he) Give her a flash of lightning, a pound of thunder, or any sort of firework and she's shaking so rapidly that we literally have to give her a tranquilizer.
In fact... right now she is freaking out, shaking and panting because she is so scared of the flash on my camara---she probably thinks it's lightning---here's a picture of her hiding under my table.
2. Despite brushing her teeth nearly everyday, she still has had to get many of them pulled---she has no little baby front teeth and we were thinking of getting her some human dentures.
3. Has two names Brittney and Lucy. I prefer the later. oh, and some people like to call her The Precious.
4. I do her grooming, (that includes her haircuts). It gives us a chance to spend some one on one time together, and she loves it. Seceretly, so do I. From the looks of this photo, she about due for another.
5. She is 12 years old... I think that's 84 in dog years. But very young at heart.
6. She is obsessed with her ball.
7. Like I said, she likes to be right next to me all of the time. (and yes, that's a hole in my sock)
8. She has a pretty bright orange License--that I love the sound of.
9. She is a very picky eater... she wouldn't even eat some sugar cookies I made until I put frosting on them.
10. Her fur is o-so soft.
Don't worry, she'll be back next month for a little 4 nights stay. I can't wait to have her back.


11 comments:
Oh, Lucy. I've had a few overnighters with her and she's definitely good company. Remember when Famous and I had an overnight at your place? :)
Speaking of which, Famous is headed to my house tomorrow for a week of together-ness. I'm looking forward to it ... as long as my mom sends her with carpet cleaner. Unlike Lucy, Famous will eat ANYthing. It gives her tummy aches. We think she might be bulimic.
One of the things I love about you most is how much you love your dog, and that you groom her yourself! Oh Lucy, she is adorable.
I read every single word--twice--and loved it all! It's people like you that make me feel better about my own dog obsession. I am quite certain I would like Lucy/Brittney/The Precious much better than Harrison. But I might like Famous even more than Lucy.
That's the way it is with dogs.
See! Dogs are much better than kitties. Now, if only I could convince my husband of that... After reading your post, I really want a puppy!
Oh dear Lori, who in the world is Lucy??? I am obviously out of it! Last I remember, the Sorenson family was out yelling for fluffy or brittney. Where did Lucy come from? I sure miss dukie, sam is not my idea of a great dog! I am glad duke's sister lives on and is so well taken care of!
Definitely one of the greatest posts I have ever read. When you say "Be Be so chicken" does she respond, or does she only respond to me? She looks great - those doggie calisthenics you were telling me about were a great idea.
beebesochicken. i know first hand about the fireworks. i miss lutsi. and you.
yes, she responds to "bebesochicken" and "bebesosteak".... but I think she likes it the most when Tyler says it (since he is the founder).
Ali--you'll have to bring Famous over for another sleepover.
Misa--so happy to see a comment from you :)!!
what about "you like deez shooz"? is that response elicited by tyler alone? that doggie is one special pup. how i love her.
Brittany/Lucy is so cute and such a good dog. I have been trying to get Andy convinced that we should get a dog. They are so great to have around.
Post a Comment