



What did the Mama tomato say to the baby tomato when he was falling behind?
Ket-chup.
These are my favorite fruits and vegetables and have been my friends for many years now. Whether they are hanging in my kitchen or bedroom-- complied into the world's best wall calendar--I smile every time I walk past them. I love the bright colors Saxton Freymann uses with his creations and the way he can turn a mushroom into an elephant, an artichoke into an owl and an eggplant into a penguin. This year's calendar "Food For Thought" has some of my favorite characters yet---pineapple turtles, banana giraffes, and kiwi monkeys. Although last year's calendar "Dog Food" was a different dog made from different fruits and vegetables every month--hilarious. These colorful, fun, and creative sculptures can brighten up any kitchen.


8 comments:
your darling lori....thanks for the birthday wishes. It was so great to finally meet you. I wish we could have played more. Next time we will for sure block my number and prank call cody. Sneaky
Those are so cute...It seems like you had that same calendar when we lived on Sunnyside...Is that true?
Yes that is true Court. I'm glad you remembered :)
I LOVE your food calendars too. I laugh every time I step foot into your kitchen (and not just because of always-fresh cupcakes and cookies).
Where can we find them? Are they anywhere online?
Those are so cute! My boys have these books called "How are you Peeling" and "Fast Food" with fruits and vegetables made into people and cars, etc. You would love them!
Duh, I just looked at my boy's books and they are by the same guy, Saxton Freymann! So you probably already know about them!
These are freakin' suhweet. Such a good idea for a bit of fun in the kitchen!
I am fascinated with these calendars. I have to get one! They're so creative and fun...
Post a Comment