Sunday, July 08, 2007

I spy

Do you see what I see? We discovered this tinny tiny nest in my parents back yard, and after patiently watching it, we finally were able to see its owner come to rest at her home. This cute little hummingbird has built this very small but very sturdy nest, and is now caring for her miniature and fragile eggs that lie within. I love following her with my eyes, watching and listening to her small wings flutter so quickly, then come to a hault as she lands in her home. She's a paranoid little thing, flinching at every sound or movement (hence the crappy photo) but I have fallen in love with her and her soon to be babies.

3 comments:

ali said...

You remind me of my mother! In a good way. She's got a soft spot for birds and chipmunks and anything else that's small and somewhat helpless. It's very sweet.

Paige said...

Lors..I'm in love. That little mama is so cute and sweet. I'm not a huge bird nerd, although I love baby anything!!!

allison said...

Oh, that is SO sweet. and amazing that you found it! Keep posting pictures! I would love to see the babies... I don't think I've ever seen a picture of a baby hummingbird come to think of it.