Monday, August 20, 2007

on second thought

So much for laying out everyday and getting a nice golden brown tan. If you click on this photo you may be able to see the rain drops the size of Texas falling from the sky. It rains here about every 3 hours, and it's not just a sprinkle.....it's a drenching down pour. I guess I'll look at the bright side and say it's probably better for my skin to not have constant sunlight, but don't worry... I will find someway to get a tan.

10 comments:

Kim said...

I can't believe how hard it's raining! At least it's not a hurricane even though it looks like one. Hopefully it's sunny in the winter when we come visit!!

derrickfam said...

Oh Lors, I'm so happy you're safe! I have been worrying like crazy over here on the mainland. You should be grateful for that rain! I'd kill for a day of that!

allison said...

consider yourself lucky you get this much rain, seriously! it's been unbearably hot here! the villa is on fire!

I love seeing pictures of hawaii... keep em' coming!

Misa S said...

Sounds like your crazy adventures have begun! I am sure you will find the beach and get a tan...give it a few weeks! It took me almost a year to drive around DC without getting lost! I know the feeling of being in a new place! Glad to see you are back up and running on your blog! I am excited to keep up on your Hawaii adventures!!!

Paige said...

Oh Lori...I'm sure there is a tanning bed within walking distance. Is it monsoon season like it is in Phoenix? It sounds like a made up season in Arizona..It mostly is just humid. But it sounds about right for Hawaii. Are you getting settled? I love being in a new place and getting to explore.

Aimee said...

I have no doubts that when all is said and done you'll have a ridiculous tan! I'm still so excited for you.

sarah marie. said...

monsoon!

Lindsey said...

Listen you scandinavian sweetie - sun is bad, rain is good.

Allison said...

I say stay out of the sun! It causes wrinkles! You are young and may not think about it, but trust me sweetie! You are so beautiful anyway! I missed your blog while you were moving. Now I am trying to catch up! I have never been to Hawaii and I am so jealous that you get to live there! Hope all is well, keep in touch!

Holly and Dave said...

that rain looks fierce enough to kill small animals- no wonder the lizards all come inside for refuge. can you imagine lucy? that would really put her over the edge.