Monday, September 17, 2007

two points of view

When I look up
When I look down
This is my favorite beach park here in Hilo. I come here every afternoon when Cody is in school and I have nothing to do. I've gotten through many books, magazines and am almost sick of all my music. (I should probably head over to Lacey's blog where I can find what I should be listening to and downloading). Sometimes I get lonely and have made up conversation with all of you while I'm sitting there, looking at the ocean. But I better enjoy it before the rain comes and I start working.

18 comments:

sarah marie. said...

must be nice.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Geez - what a rough life.

{irene} said...

Oh girl!..I so envy you!...enjoy every minute of it!

ali said...

This is one of my favorite posts. The two perspectives really made me feel like I could be there with you (so detailed, though I did think the palm reflection was a tarantula at first) ... having a good conversation about how to cut my hair, or who looked best at the Emmys, or how I miss talking to you.

xo.

ali said...

p.s. Wear your sunblock, missy.

allison said...

what a neat perspective! love it.
and jealous that you get to lay by the ocean...

Holly and Dave said...

i also thought the palm tree was a big spider, and I was amazed that you remained calm enough to take a picture of it! enjoy the beach and the nice weather- i wish i was there with you!! love you.

Aimee said...

SO pretty, it's just like a postcard. "beautiful, beautiful...wish you were here."

Paige said...

I love it. And it only took you 5 days to re-post after that really long one on Wednesday. I'm going to get you a license plate cover that says...in blogging...always late, but worth the wait. Oh and I think we should cut our hair. Together on the same day. I am getting very bored.

Lacey Jane said...

How beautiful! Wish I were there... (ps. What's your email address?)

Lindsey said...

sorry to be repetitive, but I wish I was there! Atleast via ichat!! you could turn your camera to the water and show me the ocean!

jamieanne said...

Take my advice. Don't bother working. Just have fun. It's the best.

Jenni said...

Wow what I life. I am jealous!

Jeff Sorensen said...

So Lori, about that job... Have you found one yet? Where is it going to be at? You could probably sell sweet rolls and other baked goods on campus!

Allison said...

I envy you also! Take advantage of every minute you have to read and do "nothing". I could recommend a lot of books. When you have kids you won't be able to do that as much, so enjoy. Also, I agree with the comment above, wear sunscreen!

Kim said...

That makes me sad to think of you being lonely. i think you should just call me when you are feeling that way! I miss talking to you. I guess if you have to be lonely at least it's in such a beautiful place!

jelainep said...

with a view like that... does one REALLY have to work.
Yea, I wish that I was there too!! I am sure that we could find some great conversations.

Amy said...

jelly doughnut here...

unlike sarah i like it!