Tuesday, October 16, 2007

daddy-o

My favorite things about the Birthday boy.
1. Funny...really has a witty sense of humor.
2. Wants to pretend he's House.
3. Calls my Mom 15 times a day.
4. Is the most organized and clean person I've ever known.
5. He's a very fast eater.
6. Talented and smart.
7. Extremely generous.
8. Buys things on a whim.
9. Really good at crossword puzzles....can finish any puzzle, even the New York Times Friday puzzles.
10. Knowing that he loves me and would do anything for me
11. Exaggerates beyond belief.
12. Has very pretty blue eyes.

My Dad's Birthday celebrations are very consistent from year to year. This will be my first year not participating in them, and it makes me sad. I will miss the office party and lunch, along with the chili dinner and carrot cake. But most of all I just miss my Dad. I love you Dad, and hope you have a Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

ali said...

If I remember correctly, he also sings a mean and hard-to-memorize rendition of Master of the House. (How fitting, considering no. 2!)

Happy Birthday!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What a great tribute to your Dad-Dad-Daddio. I love that you put that he is a fast eater, that is too funny.

sarah marie. said...

i'll miss that office party and lunch too. happy birthday russ! miss that guy.

Lindsey said...

Here's a memory of your dad: When we got in the car accident and the ambulance took me to the ER, dropped me off, and I just sat there for an hour or two with nobody even looking at me - your dad came in and pulled some glass shards out of my face and cleaned me up a bit. I was very grateful! What a nice dad.