Tuesday, March 11, 2008

flat Stanley

Got this in the mail from my nephew Carson (who is one of my favorite little boys in the whole world, he is the sweetest thing and I wish he were mine. I even love this little 1st grader signature at the bottom of the paper)...In case you didn't take the time to read the letter, it says that Carson was sending me a little paper boy named Stanley who was smashed flat. He came to stay with us to find out about what it's like to live where we live. So we dressed him in clothes that visitors in Hawaii might wear and took him to see all the fun things to do around here. These were a few of our favorites.


the black sand beach


surfing with cody


seeing the pretty waterfalls

Luckily I had Cody to help me out with this assignment (especially with the surfing one). We definitely looked like your average everyday tourist taking all these photos at the various places....we even got heckeled by passers by.

15 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is the cutest thing I have seen all day! What a fun aunt you are and mom you are gonna be!

P.S. I met your cute friend Kim two weeks ago. Staci's sister. I really like those Dansie girls!

Janelle said...

That damn Stanley,,, he gets to go everyhwere,,,, what about me???

sarah marie. said...

dying over the one on the surf board.

Lisa P. said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Lucky Stanley:)

Melanie said...

That is the best thing I think I've ever seen! It reminds me of the gnome in Amalie.

Paige said...

Wow..Funniest thing I've seen all day. I love Stanley. Is Stanley single?

Marci + Dan said...

This made my day! so cute.

Aimee said...

That is the cutest thing I think I've ever seen. LOVE the surfboard!

lpettey said...

That is so cute. That was so nice of carson to do that for you. It reminds me of the little guy on sesame street that is stuck in the cup. If you remember!! anyway loved the pictures.

derrickfam said...

That is the cutest assignment. I love the shades you made for him. and I love that quote you posted by President Hinckley. He always helps put life into perspective.

Kim said...

I was just going to comment on his shades so funny! Did he just leave the eye doctor? Poor stanley. Such a cute assignment. He'll be the hit of the class with this one.

Lindsey said...

That is the most fun project - - I need to tell my teacher sis about that. I still remember the 'trip' to hawaii we took in 1st grade - with paper leis, pog juice, and a a fake airplane ride with a slide show. so fun. bestaunt.com/stanleyisthebomb. I love cody's hand modeling on the surf board, did he learn that from zack?

Holly and Dave said...

i wish i could fit in an envelope like flat stanley and come hang out with you too! lucky him! carson will be the star of the show when they present these!

Sarah said...

I am so jealous of Stanley. I, like Holly, wish I could mail myself over for a visit. Tyler and I sure miss you!

The Powells said...

that is the cuttest thing ever...stanley really looks like he is having a great time!!!