presents come next. green ribbons and wrapping paper are always included along with a 12-pack of mountain dew (his favorite drink and it comes in a bright green can, duh).
seeing how this year we are celebrating his 30th year, all things came in increments of 30......
30 of his favorite color of Starburst (pink), 30 lucky bright green golf tees, 30 of his favorite giant green olives, and so on.
this year's birthday has been filled with packages and cards galore. they've been accumulating and lining up against the window through out the past week. we are so lucky to have family that is so thoughtful and generous to remember special days and celebrate with us even when we're so far away. thank you. thank you. thank you. he finally has some new shorts and shirts to wear.....along with a little extra spending cash.
the day is not complete without something banana.... for dessert it's either: banana's foster, banana cream pie, or banana pudding.......30 candles and a solo performance of "Happy Birthday" by yours truly, and then we dig in.
I don't think it's a coincidence that his birthday falls on St. Patrick's Day. I truly believe in luck, 4 leaf clovers and pots o'gold. my birthday boy is the luckiest thing in my life and hopefully we'll have 4 little clovers of our own one day (at least we know one's on the way). we're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll find that pot 'o gold too.


12 comments:
Welcome to the 30s Cody! So far so good! Green Olives and Tabasco on Eggs, yum yum!
Bananas Foster?! Wow, I am impressed. Did you have to make a special trip to the liquor store for that one? With your belly and all? Sounds like a Happy Day!
such a cute post lor. happy birthday body! love..papa
Happy Birthday CODY! You are pretty lucky to have a birthday on St. Patty's day and you two are lucky to have eachother.
the big 30...welcome!! happy birthday! that was really cute lori
Way cute post Lori! Happy Birthday Cody. I hope you have a great day. March Birthday's are the best.
Happy Birthday Cody! Congrats on the big 3-0. Hey - I didn't know you liked the pink Starburst, but you should know that Jamba has a secret menu, and one of the items on it is "Pink Starburst" - I had one the other day, it tastes pretty much exactly like a pink starburst.
I have heard that the "white gummy bear" Jamba is also delish.
Cute post. Happy Birthday Cody!
Happy Birthday Cody!! What a cute thoughtful gal you are Lori!
Yahooey! Happy Birthday Cody! What a memorable celebration!!! Love you guys!
Happy Happy birthday Cody!! I feel very lucky to have you in our family, and lori is a lucky girl to have you. this post is perfect for cody and describing inner parts of his personality. love you lots!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODES!!! I was thinkin' of you on st. patty's. It sounds like you spoiled him rotten Lors! I hope your performance of Happy Birthday was in your birthday suit.
sorry lors - begley is me
Post a Comment