34 weeks.
just 6 short weeks (lets hope they're short) before she comes to stay.
just 6 short weeks (lets hope they're short) before she comes to stay.
I find myself often trying to explain to Cody what this new feeling is. For the past four months I've used words like: weird, exciting, funny, wonder, amazing, pokey, strange and love (I know---, I've got a great vocabulary). But recently I was reading a friends blog who is also expecting, and as I read her post I felt as if she were taking the words right out of my mouth.
It's so strange to feel a brand new feeling as an adult, its seems as though we've all physically felt everything. I know what it feels like to get a paper cut, to suffer a fever, to have a broke heart, to lay out in the sun, to run a mile, to blow out candles on your Birthday, to be homesick, to sleep in a little too late, to be stuffed from Thanksgiving, to bite into something that is too hot, to have glue stuck to your fingers, to have your back scratched, to have a sunburn, to hit your funny bone, to have goosebumps, to lose a tooth or to fall in love.
The feeling of a little miniature person living inside of me is something I've never felt nor could ever imagine, and at times hard to describe. It has gone from little taps and small kicks.....to my entire stomach changing position and waves of movement across my belly. I feel her kick my bladder, my ribs, my back, and my sides.... sometimes all at the same time. Her little hiccups tickle my insides several times a day and remind me she is in there waiting to come out. Because she is resting right in the middle of my body (not poking herself out too far) I feel her presence against my lungs and often find myself out of breath for no reason at all. With every jab, kick, or change of position she makes-- it brings a smile to my face. Although at times I'm not too comfortable, this is one of the best feeling I've ever felt.


11 comments:
thank you for explaining this to me. i feel like we can relate to each other about everything... except being pregnant. but now i start to understand how/what you're feeling, and that makes me feel closer to you. love you.
I love that photo Lori. And what a great post, it's all so true, it's so crazy it's hard to explain but you did the perfect job. I love that you are experiencing this and can't wait for you to see her face staring back at you. There's nothing like it.
you are looking so cute lori :)
I love what you've said about being pregnant. I agree completely. It's very special. It's weird how fast you forget too (once you have it) how it felt to have that little baby kicking around inside you. I can't wait to see photos of her when she comes!
I couldn't agree more! There is nothing like the feeling of a baby inside of you. It's the most amazing thing ever! I'm so excited for you!
you are the cutest thing ever. ily.
Lors that pic is so adorable - she will treasure it. you are amazing and will be the best mom ever. I can't wait to meet her!!! ah!
Lors..It's pretty amazing that there is a little Lori/Cody swimming around in there. It's about damn time you started showing. I can't wait to see the pretty little thing. Love her already.
you are beautiful and it really is amazing to be pregnant. you will find yourself missing her in you once she is here. she is your little buddy 24hrs a day and you will really miss those kicks and hiccups, its weird but true. you will also experience something that only a mom giving birth can experience and thats the strongest love you have ever felt when you hold her for the first time. its my favorite thing ever!!! im so happy for you and cody...it will be a short time and she will be here
You really are beautiful. I'm so glad I can have a discription of what it is like! You make it sound blissful and it makes me so happy to know your feelings! Your baby is going to bring happiness you never thought existed!
are you kidding me? you are the most beautiful little mama i've ever seen. i wish i got to see more of that little bump. such a special time for you and cody. love you
Post a Comment