

this is the Kilauea Volcano that is 20 minutes from our house and is currently erupting. the smoke (which is a mixture of all sorts of gases) continues to billow out and drift away over the ocean. all the lava flows under the ground in lava tubes and comes out where the ocean meets the land and the steam from the lava hitting the big blue is said to be so big that it can be seen from outer space. cooooooool.
we went and saw this spectacular sight the other day. june stayed in the car (didn't want her exposed to too many toxic gases at such a young age) but cody and I took turns sight seeing. this is what we saw.
5 comments:
Your title made me laugh and miss u at the same time. I can just hear Cody saying it. xoxo.
wow, so cool! I am sooo fascinated with volcano's. so, I'm jealous. I think we need to see more of June, too! :)
That is so cool. Interesting fun little facts you are learning about in your town...Can you believe you've been there a whole freaking year now?
My mom went and saw this when she was there! She said it was super cool. Oh, and June's "fat rolls" are the skinniest rolls I have ever seen! Cutie Patooty:)
this brings a whole new meaning to "blowing off some steam." and remember, june is a hawaiian native so i'm sure she can handle the volcanic gases.
Post a Comment