Saturday, March 07, 2009

rainy saturday (and every other day this week)

saturday:
rain
waffles
grocery store for eggs and applesauce
phone call from dad
laundry
more rain
site seeing
another phone call from sister
grilled cheese
dumb and dumber
3 sweatshirts (one very small one)
blogging
2 crossword puzzles
the sun has not come out for two weeks and it has been raining off and on (mostly on) the entire time.... and then this past wednesday morning the down pour began.
down pour meaning: dumping water, where you can't park your car and run inside somewhere without becoming completely drenched and a change of clothes is required. 
I guess it's what you would expect living in the rain forest... but I would have never believed the amount of rain we are having if I hadn't experienced it for myself.
it rains so hard we have to turn up the t.v. from the normal volume we usually watch it at because the rain is pounding on your rooftop so badly. nothing dries. towels stay wet, sheets are damp, skin is sticky, paper is soft, and hair is.. well, a disaster. umbrellas, although lied out to dry, still have beads of water on them the next day. oh, and all the cutsie umbrellas I have don't stand a chance... you have to use one of these humongous industrial ones to withstand this amount of water.
it doesn't stop. really, not for 2 mintues... it's constant. all day, all night. we wake up in the middle of the night thinking, is the t.v. on? is it on one of the fuzzy black and white channels? then realize it's still raining. it's crazy.
so we went to see what rainbow falls looked like today because of all the rain. this is what it normally looks like:
and this is what it looked like today: 
june couldn't wait to get out of the car... she loved it.

13 comments:

Allison said...

wow... that looks amazing! I love the rain. I just had to show David those before and after pics, those are insane. David wants to move there.

The Hebbs said...

Oh I miss you guys and the rain even. But not the rain so much. I remember last feb. raining until it flooded everything. Crazy. Thats why it is so pretty! Miss ya!

Kim said...

I cannot get over how much June has grown she looks so big! (probably because she is sitting on her skinny mommy's hips)
And I also can't believe all that rain! It looks so pretty but I would be over it if I were you.

The Powells said...

its so beautiful even when its raining...but i would much rather have a sunny day! also, like kim said you are on skinny mama..you look amazing! and about nat and zack, i know its so funny how much they look like each other, they are twins!!

Janelle said...

Oh geez, I hate the rain. I would go crazy if I had to deal with 2 weeks of it. By the way, I love the galoshes you gots going on..June looks thrilled to be under the umbrella. Love this post.

Cami said...

So Brian heard Cody talking about Rainbow Falls today at church and we HAD to go check it out. CRAZY! I'm totally going to copy you and make an awesome blog post about it as well. The fam will love it. The rain has been depressing, I am tired of waking up every 2 hours to rain pounding on our stupid tin roof and never feeling dry. At least you can shut your windows! lol. Two things I have learned tho, I need some cute galoshes like yourself, and a bigger umbrella. And thank goodness for TBS, it was fun watching Dumb and Dumber again. A good Saturday indeed.

June was as cute as ever today at church. I DID notice she was standing up at the chair. I love their new tricks. Before you know it she'll be off and walking, just you wait! Her and Rian will be able to run around at the park in no time. We'll have to go some time soon! And then when you come back in August they'll be perfect playing buddies.

Thanks for the pizza tip, just one more thing to look forward too. :)

blueeyedfreckle said...

um remember how you guys (all the anthro people) always talked about how you loved the rain? And you thought I was crazy cause I HATED it? This would be why. I grew up in tropical Florida where there are torrential downpours everyday of the summer (only in the afternoons). Though, reading your post, I guess I can be greatful that the only time it rains like that continuously for more than a few days is during a hurricane or tropical storm. but yeah, I understand the thing where your clothes are soaked the second you step out of your car. It will make you that much more appreciative when the sun comes out though!!!

steph said...

not so jealous right now. although i wouldn't mind snuggling up to you and june and watching a flick. sunshine is on it's way, keep your chin up!

Holly and Dave said...

did you listen to Rihanna's "umbrella" in the car? i sure hope so. i guess march is coming in like a lion over in hilo :)

Holly and Dave said...

did you listen to Rihanna's "umbrella" in the car? i sure hope so. i guess march is coming in like a lion over in hilo :)

Lindsay said...

will this rain ever stop? getting out of the shower to a wet towel is getting really old. gross!

Gretchen said...

Hi Lori!! Thanks for the sweet comment. (You have always been one of my fav's. too...). You have a stinking cute child. And you look beautiful and happy. Motherhood seems to suit you well. ((not to mention, living in paradise...)
Still an Anthro, randomly-- if ever you are in town, you better stop by!

love & hugs,

Gretchen

sarah marie. said...

oh my gosh i cannot believe the difference in that waterfall! crazy. you are skinny and june is a doll.