Monday, March 30, 2009

sunshine on my shoulders

i guess one good thing about Cody still being in school is that we get to party for an entire week in the month of March..... because it's spring break baby.
so we...
lounged next to the beautiful swimming pool at our hotel 
(i mean, it's no las palmas... but it did have an ocean breeze)
notice me and june at the bottom sitting in the shade

june's first dip, no sunburn for this baby

had pool side ice cream cones...

and pool side naps

saw the prettiest rainbow over saddle road. this road goes up over the island and takes us to the other side in less time. it's known to be scary and dangerous, but is not. the road increases in elevation and takes us up above all the clouds that drown us in hilo. we even drove past the end of the rainbow, but there was no pot of gold or leprechauns running around. bummer.

and ate homemade oreos
it was totally sweet.

15 comments:

steph said...

so jealous of spring break. i miss going to hawaiian hotel pools and chasing rainbows. we are jealous of you today as we sit inside staring out the window at the snow falling down.

Holly and Dave said...

now that is livin it up in hawaii!! how i wish i could join you~ june doesn't realize how lucky she is to get to vacation with you and cody. wish i could be sharing homemade oreos with you guys...

Lisa P. said...

ok that just looks like pure heaven: sun, family, and cookies!

P.S. said...

I'd take homemade oreos over a pot of gold any day!
June's first dip photo is the cutest thing I have EVER seen! The resort should you that pic on their brochure.

Kim said...

You have no idea how jealous I am right now! That looks like so much fun! Zack and I stayed in that hotel last time we were there. How I wish I could be there with you!! I love those pictures of little June she looks so cute in her shades!

the johansen's said...

Count us on the next flight from Salt Lake to Hawaii! I'm so jealous, I want to be in the sunshine and not the snow!

Sarah said...

Oh i am so jealous, not only of the beautiful weather you get o enjoy every day, but also of spring break, Ty doesn't get one. :( i love June in her floaty though, that is to die for!!!

The Powells said...

that is the best...i want to take a nap poolside like june!!! you guys are so dang cute

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

You are a lucky Duck for sure. Yum those homemade oreos look delish!

blueeyedfreckle said...

I am super jealous right now! I long to go lay by a pool at a hotel. Franc and I don't have the same spring break, so we can't go anywhere together...

And June is adorable in her float. cutest.

sarah marie. said...

first of all why do you have a hospital braclet on?! second i'm so happy you guys got such a nice break and third i'm ROLLING at that picture of june in the pool. too cute.

... said...

Glad you guys had a good time and got to enjoy the island!!! I need to stop looking at your blog after lunch because I just want more food!!!

ps-- thanks for the cin-rolls (soooo good!!-- nice work:)

Paige said...

Poolside naps with sleeping baby and homemade oreos...Perfection. What do you have in the middle of those ones? Is it frosting or ice cream??? I want to be on Spring Break with you and Cody!!

sara b said...

Lori...I love to peek in now and then and see how life in Hawaii is treating you. It looks as though it is treating you very well. That June of your is edible. Happy Spring Break!

Lindsay said...

that picture of june in the pool kills me. laying by the pool with an ocean breeze, ice cream, and your homemade treats - what could be better?