Friday, April 24, 2009

story time

june loves: books. to name a few of her favorites--- Charlie Chick, My Car, and Goodnight Sweet Butterflies

when i set her down she usually sprint crawls into her bedroom, stands herself up to the book shelf, pulls out one book at a time, briefly chews on the corner, then drops it to the floor. she continues this until every book she owns is scattered about the room.

i love: the way june crosses her little legs and squeezes her tiny hands on her knees so tightly, like she's in suspense of what's going to happen next.

i also love: the way cody sneaks pictures of us and we don't even know it.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Her reading pose is mos def the cutest thing ever!!! Oh geez she's so sweet. Could u ever have imagined being this much in love with her? Love love love these babes. And it's easy to tell Codes sneakin pics is a pretty smitten daddy. Nothing sweeter.
PS: jos LOVED g.n.sweet butterflies- it's how she learned all her colors.

sarah marie. said...

oh my gosh i love the squeezing of the knees! and it must be nice to be skinny. is it?

Allison said...

Lori! That is one of my favorite posts! I love it! What a doll and what a good mom you are!

Allison said...

The Reading Mother

I had a mother who read to me
Sagas of pirates who scoured the sea.
Cutlasses clenched in their yellow teeth;
"Blackbirds" stowed in the hold beneath.
I had a Mother who read me lays
Of ancient and gallant and golden days;
Stories of Marmion and Ivanhoe,
Which every boy has a right to know.
I had a Mother who read me tales
Of Gelert the hound of the hills of Wales,
True to his trust till his tragic death,
Faithfulness lent with his final breath.
I had a Mother who read me the things
That wholesome life to the boy heart brings-
Stories that stir with an upward touch.
Oh, that each mother of boys were such!
You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be --
I had a Mother who read to me.

Strickland Gillilan (1869-1954)

(You probably already have this but I love it!)

... said...

June you are the cutest:)P loves story time too. Pretty soon you wont eat the books and will want to turn the pages for mommy and scream when mommy doesn't read the story you want her to read--hahah..

Lindsay said...

that is so so cute. i can't wait to read to our little girl!

Holly and Dave said...

i love your descriptions of june- what she gets excited about, what she does when she's in "suspense" and her little flexing and squeezing body. It make me feel like i know her better and better. can't wait to give her a big squeeze myself.

Janelle said...

love the knees squeeze

steph said...

i lalalalalalaoooove this pic. reading to your baby is the bestest thing in the world. especially when your baby is as cute as junebug. i love cody-the-dad too.

blueeyedfreckle said...

I love the way she is sitting up SO STRAIGHT!! what good posture! and the knee-squeezing is adorable. and I love that she chews the corners before sittting down to read. You can't judge a book by its cover, but maybe by its taste???

and please let me be as skinny as you after I have this baby.... PLEASE!!!