today, i'm thankful for these two friends.
these two ladies have been with me here in hawaii since day one. sometimes i feel like they are the only reason why i'm still sane. i am very different than a lot, well most, of the people that live on this island and when we first moved here it was really hard. but i think heavenly father knew how much i needed a couple of girls i could relate with, be completely myself with, and have fun with. i feel so lucky to have them apart of my life and share this hawaii-living experience. our husbands are on the exact same school schedule--so we are all lonely together, we all have daughters, and we are all poor.. (so trips to the movies--like you see above-- are few and far between--but we couldn't pass up new moon, obviously).
they are always up for anything.. a play date on a rainy date, a trip to the beach or park and even a walk around the zoo. i have always loved planning and celebrating holidays with my family and knew when we moved that holidays without them would be the hardest part of all. although i do always feel a little more homesick on those days, i can't tell you how much it has meant to me to have these girls to be with and celebrate together. we have made some of our own tradition and i'm actually really looking forward to tomorrow and all the food we are preparing together.
i am so thankful for them and their life long friendship.


5 comments:
Ok, you are about to make me cry! Not to mention I feel emotional right now anyways because all of my family are driving to meet up for Thanksgiving without me. But I am so lucky to have you 2 as well. I cant believe everything we have gone through on this crazy island, but I am so glad to have you both. Plus I had so much fun last night I wish I could do it all again!!
xoxo
Marc
i'm so happy you have these girls lor. although it makes me a little jealous too.
I don't have one friend in Boston. I feel for you. Friends are the bomb.com.
it makes me so happy to know that when i can't be with you, you have good friends that can. i hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving together and that the friendship you 3 have created will last forever.
oh lori, i'm all teary eyed! seriously, what would i do without you two?? i am so thankful we have each other, and know it's not by chance we met. thanks for your friendship and for putting my exact thoughts into words.
Post a Comment