Tuesday, January 19, 2010

our weekend

took a little vay kay to the other side of the island and it was heavenly.
i say vay kay because when people hear we live in hawaii, they usually think it's a 24-7 vacation.. but trust me, it's not. we still have to do all the other crappy stuff everyone else has to do, it just comes along with big bugs, good temperatures, expensive groceries, and trips to the beach. so this past weekend, really was a break from all the mundane things we normally do.

we are finally getting used to the idea of the beach no longer being a restful and relaxing destination--with an 18 month old in stow. despite our best efforts, within a minute and a half of arriving at the beach cody and i (not to mention june) are both covered-head to toe-in sand. she has no hesitation of throwing, eating, sitting, dipping her face into and rolling around in the sand... and thinks everyone else likes it too. but for some reason it's still so much fun.
and although the sand looks soft, it was still impossible for this nearly 9-month pregnant body to get comfortable on it. thank goodness for the hammock. that, i can say was relaxing--even sharing it with a little one--well two little ones, i guess.

13 comments:

Melanie said...

You REAAAALLLY do not look almost 9 months pregnant! Maybe it's just because I'm on #3 but I'm HUGE this time (and I don't think it's just my imagination - my doctor even told me my bump was certainly a "good size" last visit!)

I have a beach tip! You may know it already, but baby powder is a must for your beach bag. It helps take stuck-on sand right off and especially makes those post sand castle diapers much easier to change, without having to desperately try to wipe gritty sand off their tushies with a wipie.

sarah marie. said...

you're the cutest thing ever.

Kim said...

Looks like the perfect weekend. I want some beach time. And I know I keep saying this but I CANNOT believe how good you look pregnant.

Paige said...

Looks like a dream. I hear you on the fact that it's hard to relax with little ones at the beach. But always fun none the less. Josie runs straight for the water and I have anxiety the entire time we are there. I love your little 4 month bump. I think they got your due date wrong.

... said...

Where are those photos taken, must be the last day we missed, it looks really nice there! Glad you guys enjoyed it. I feel like I need a vaca from the vaca:(

Lindsey said...

I love to see ur cute toes peeking in the pics. Miss u and I can't wait to meet that little dude. Ok, quite frankly ur probably sick of hearing it but u look So flippin cute pg.

The Powells said...

thats my dream right now...the beach and a hammock...and to be as skinny as you!!!

Kate and Ryan said...

You guys are such a cute little family! Thanks for sharing your fun beach pics! June looks like she's loving that sand!

Janelle said...

Great pictures! I love June's swimsuit... I love the two piece shirt deals, you don't have to worry about sunburns that way. And I'll just say what everyone else is saying,,, too cute are you!

Lindsay said...

i may or may not have snapped a photo of you two sleeping on the hammock...
(it was too cute to pass up! :)

blueeyedfreckle said...

I CANNOT believe that you are 9 months pregnant. first that was fast. second you look way too skinny. I guess you are one of those women who were made to have babies. perfectly skinny, and skinny again afterwards. the stuff that creates jealousy in me:) your family is so cute and i love how june plays so hard in the sand!

Holly and Dave said...

what a wonderful weekend, and how i wish i could be there with you! i can just imagine june having sand all over her face, but getting more upset about you trying to wipe it off! enjoy HI while you're there!!!

Liz said...

Lorilee...cute toes!!! I love that you love your toes. I love them too. ;) That is something I will always remember about you. Thanks for inspiring me to love every minute of life, especially leading up to the big changes. That little June of yours couldn't be more loved by her mommy and daddy. I miss you!