in the winter when the grocery store tomatoes are disgusting, i love having a year-round farmer's market--especially one that has things to buy like rambutan, longan, strawberry papaya, kale, and mango. although trying these exotic fruit can make you feel like you're on vacation, we usually stick with the basics at our house: tomatoes, green onion, avocado, bananas, broccoli, and pineapple.
Monday, February 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
At my grocery store, the tangerine sare $1 a piece right now. That is ridixie cup in my opinion. I was really craving one, but didn't buy any out of principal. I would love a year round farmers market.
What in the world is rambutan??? Those sweet tangerines are making my mouth water... Do you think you could bring some back with you? Have cody where a nursing bra and pack it full of them.
must be nice. i would LOVE to buy one of everything.
i haven't been down to the farmer's market in awhile, thanks for reminding me how great it is. it will definitely be something i miss when we move.
btw we have two trees full of ripe tangerines if you want some. (i haven't picked any yet because i'm too scared to face the spiderwebs.)
yummy!!!!!
you are one lucky duck to be able to have the luxury of a farmer's market in the middle of winter. and it's not just full of winter kale. tasty, organic, tropical, wonderful food... can i move there?
I love that you have been posting about all the great places in Hilo. I forget about the great little treasures we have here. Smart to soak it all up before your little man gets her;)
oh I miss the market...every Saturday on the yellow scooter. The lady in the papaya pic is my friend..haha so I need your number, I lost my phone and all the numbers. I want to call you before you have your little boy. Let me know.thanks
Post a Comment