Monday, May 16, 2011

day 6: playing at the park in hilo

Liliuokalani Gardens.
I walked at this park every morning when I lived here. Sometimes with friends, sometimes with homesick tears in my eyes, sometimes trying to induce labor, sometimes trying to work off post-pregnancy pounds. It walks right along the ocean, and I was usually in the great company of little old Japanese men, stray cats, and lots of birds. I have good memories of this place.
This is usually how it goes... June standing there smiling and Max crying on the ground because he was "accidently" pushed over. But despite the falling over, they really do have so much fun playing together and there's nothing cuter.

6 comments:

sarah marie. said...

are you kidding with june's outfit? cutest ever.

Paige said...

I'm in love with June's romper...her blonde bob and her salt water sandals. Perfection on a stick. And Max is Cody's twin. Love him and his beater and cute shoes.

The Powells said...

lori....you really should have a dozen kids! those are some beautiful babies!!! and im in love with june's outfit, shoes, hair...etc, etc! hey, also are you living in salt lake right now? we are possibly looking for inventory help june 14-15. i will know next week forsure, but thought you may be interested. let me know.

Holly and Dave said...

i must say that I also feel a connection with that park, for many many phone conversations were had while you were walking there. laughter, tears, hopes, and dreams were shared with you while you were there. and those 2 kiddos have a much bigger spot in my heart. forever.

Kim said...

are you ever going to come home? its beautiful, I dont think i could leave if I were you. and of course your babies are beautiful, missing them.

the youngs said...

I was going to say exactly what Paige said--the romper is TDF and top it off with the blonde bob and salt water sandys! Love it. Max's tank really showcases his muscles too!