Sunday, June 19, 2011

my little 3 year old

I can't believe my sweet little one is 3.
She sang Happy Birthday along with everyone else, had the hugest smile on her face the entire time, and blew her candles out all by herself-- without any prompting. I was surprised actually, that she knew exactly what to do. She blew all three out on her first try.

A few things about this 3 year old..
she doesn't look 3. she looks 5. (seriously)
she told me tonight--"mom I'm never gonna go pee pee in the potty, okay?"
this birthday cake was chosen by her.... "black cake, with lots of purple frosting like flowers."
she is very complimentary, and likes complimenting me and other kids her age (but they are funny compliments like "you're the best microwaver", "you're the best boiler", and "you're the best surpriser").
she has the longest skinniest legs.
she hates getting her hair done.
her favorite color is purple.
Busted.

12 comments:

The Powells said...

she is so pretty...i cant believe she is 3. i love her purple shoes and her delish purple cake!!!

the youngs said...

Okay...so many thoughts...
1. How are our girls 3?!
2. June's got some legs!!
3. Purple is Lucy's favorite too!
4. Love the cake
5. Love the Orla Kiely table cloth!
6. Wish we lived next door, so we could play with you guys everyday!
Happy Birthday, JUNE!!! :)

sarah marie. said...

happy birthday june! we love you.

steph said...

are you serious? everything about her is to die for. you would never guess she hates to have her hair done cause every time i see her she looks like she walked out of the salon. and her compliments? i'll never forget when she met van and asked if he has a lot of toys. she is a crack up.

yippy for tomorrow!

Em N. said...

SO cute Lori! So funny about the potty training. Hopefully it makes you feel better if I tell you Ruby told me the other day she's "not quite a big girl yet" when I asked if she wanted to sit on the potty. Ay yi yi. Happy Bday to one aDORable 3 year old!

Paige said...

Those legs in those capris, and those purple shoes make me so excited to have a girl. June is so lucky to have you for her mom.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday June!! We love you and miss you and hope you had a great day. [And hope you'll keep trying with that potty :)]

Kim said...

Van and I were just talking about June's birthday. When I told him it was June he got way excited and said 'it must be June's birthday day!'. We miss you guys! Happy Birthday Junie girl.

Holly and Dave said...

I've been rolling about her compliments. She is the cutest thing around, and I love love love her. There's not a day that goes by without me quoting her "she's so cute" in that high-pitched adorable voice of hers.

Holly and Dave said...

and that picture of max??? priceless.

... said...

Happy B day June! I can't believe how tall you are. Seriously, she might be taller then P. So so cute, and don't worry, she will eventually be fully potty trained.

Lindsay said...

i can't believe june is 3! seems like yesterday she was a tiny newborn. i love her long skinny legs, and am cracking up that she informed you she will not use the potty. ha! lets get together soon, call me!