
When I was little one of my favorite Christmas traditions was going to the Festival of Trees. It would start when we would get checked out of school, head to the local Pizza Hut restaurant where we would meet our cousins and after a yummy, greasy pizza (and don't forget the breadsticks) we would head to the Salt Palace where we would attend the Festival of Trees. My Mom would let us each pick out one treat at the "Candy Corner" and by the time we would leave we could be exhausted and sleep in the car on the long drive home. Although I have to admit I haven't been for quite some years now, Cody and I attended the event on Saturday morning in support of my Dad. We were given tickets and thought what the heck? Needless to say my favorite part is still the treats we received there.....best of all being my cinnamon sugar scone!
4 comments:
The Festivus has always been one of my favorite holiday traditions. My early memories involve performing on the stage and then wandering thru the aisles until I too made my way to Candy Corner where I would make myself sick. This is the first year I haven't been able to go in a LONG time...so jealous you got to!
The Festival sounds like so much fun, I haven't been in a really long time. And that cinnamon scone looks so yummy. I'm jealous, I might have to go get one!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of you. the hat..the hair..the scone..and you.
there are some tradtitions that you just can't let go, and I agree that the F of T is one of them. i get teary eyed every year: not just from the inspirational trees but also by how long the line is for scones!
Post a Comment