Saturday, February 24, 2007

Bite Size

My mini cupcake.
Recently my good friend Jamie made some "mini German Chocolate Cupcakes," after reading about it on her blog, and wishing she didn't live in NY so I could run over to her house and try a couple, I decided to make some "minis" of my own. Granted, I had been thinking about these little bites of heaven for a while and was waiting for just the right night to make them. Now, these are no "Jamie's German Chocolate Cupcakes"--but I thought they were cute enough to blog about. They're popable!-- so you can eat 12 of them without even noticing.....at least I did. Heck, maybe I could even get my little sister Holly to try one (they are just about her size). She "claims" to not like cupcakes, even though chocolate cake is her all-time favorite dessert---go figure. I think she makes it up...come one, who doesn't like a cupcake?
Well........., since it was the series finale and all, I decided to really go the extra mile and decorate the "minis" with my new Mechanical Pastry Bag (that I love) and display to all-- the title of my favorite TV show. It was a night to remember.

7 comments:

sarah marie. said...

i hate that i'm not there to hear about and see your mechanical pastry bag.

derrickfam said...

What in the world is a mechanical pastry bag? I'm pretty sure I want one. ha ha. Rocky and I have watched the OC from its conception (I'm embarassed, he's proud) and MISSED the finale because we were at a wedding. My priorities are all screwed up. gosh. Maybe you could tell me about it sometime?

ali said...

I LOVED these cupcakes. I had five, which I figure adds up to one big cupcake and therefore, I don't feel at all guilty. I can always count on you for details: not only cupcakes for a get-together, but OC cupcakes for the series finale.

Lorilee said...

Court.. I couldn't do the finale justice in words. Just download it, it will be well worth your money.
Click on the words "mechanical pastry bag" and it's a link to where you can buy it... and that too will be well worth your money.

Kim said...

I got to enjoy those cupcakes and I think I ate about 5 too and then I took a big one home for the next day thinking that Zack would love to eat it, instead I ate it before he got home from work. I cut it in half thinking I'd share but after having half I couldn't resist the other half. Call me selfish but those were some really good cupcakes!

jamieanne said...

Methinks we made the same cupcakes for the finale of The OC. Only I bet yours were better, cuz I didn't use my mechanical pastry bag (which Ali gave me and I love) to print OC on them.

Anonymous said...

although i'm not into the OC, I am into the mechanical pastry bag. i think of any excuse to use mine- and a tv show finale would fit the bill. also- it's not that i don't like cupcakes, i just like to eat them with a knife and fork so that i get equal amounts of cake and frosting in each bite. this beats the purpose of a cupcake, which is to have a piece of cake that you can eat with your fingers. long story short: i'd rather have a piece of cake- simple as that.(no pun intended...hehe)