Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Project

For the past couple of months I have been working on getting rid of all my old magazines that just pile up and before you know it, the stack is so high you can use it as an end table next to a couch. I particularly have a hard time with throwing away my Martha Stewart Living's. So I have been going through them (all of them from the past 3 or 4 years---don't worry, most of which have been kept at my Mom's house) and ripping out stuff I have loved, just couldn't part with and will use in the future for inspiration. Anyway, it has turned into a larger project than I had anticipated, but is finally finished.

"Ta Da".....here is a photo of the "Martha Reference Guide (or we could call it the MRG for short) and anyone is welcome to come and take a peek into Ms. Stewart's best of the best. Thanks to me, Lori, for organizing it into such a neat and orderly collection, you should be able to find exactly what you are looking for in no time.

8 comments:

jamieanne said...

Holy Crap! I should bow before you and say 'I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy...' You have accomplished what I have always wanted to. Great MRG, Lori, just great. I may have to check it out next time I'm 'round your hood.

Kim said...

Lori I can't believe you did this. I remember you talking about it before and I couldn't even imagine taking on the project but I'm excited for you, that has to feel great. and I'm sure I'll be using your MRG!

sarah marie. said...

this is why i love you.

Moffitt Family said...

I did this a year ago and now I am behind again. Your's looks really good. I wish I was as organized as you!!

ali said...

Wowzers! What an undertaking. Only you would carry out such a organizational feat.

I love that you use these types of things, too. Your house always has some nice little home-made touch. Which is why I love spending time there.

Anonymous said...

Lors,
I think our stars are aligned - I have been doing the EXACT same project and Ben has been thinking I'm nuts for not just tossing my MSL's - I am so envious of your file...I have so many to go through. I also collect Domino and Cookie, and they're not helping my stack either. I am totally inspired by your freakin' file.
Love you,
Linds

jelainep said...

I can't believe that you are doing this. I wanted to do it & I have a box (and a box, and a box) of magazines to start.... but they are still in the box. Now I will know where I can visit when I need that next "great idea" ... lori's house!!

Kristin said...

I was just purusing through your old blogs, in particular the Hello Me blogs and I saw this Martha Stewart section. I love my Martha magazines and also don't throw them away (even the wedding one's even though I am married). Did you just tear out the fave pictures, ideas, etc and organize them according to catagory?