Sunday, June 24, 2007

movin'

I know my blog has been very boring lately (sorry Paige). I have just had so much to do these past couple of weeks, and blogging has gotten shoved to the bottom of the list everyday. Usually I can sneak onto my blog at work and possibly even get in a post or two, but since I am training a new girl to replace me... there has been no time for such nonsense (nor would I be a great example if I was prancing around on blogger all day).
So Saturday we moved into my parents house, awaiting the time when we actually take off for school. I am so excited to spend a lot of time with my Mom (and Dad, but I get to do that all the time at work), cook in her lovely kitchen, snuggle with Lucy every morning and night, eat yummy baked treats, watch all the DVR I can possible stand (thanks to Curtis Smith for turning me onto Rob and Big.. I have finally been laughing out loud at TV again)..., sleeping in a quite, dark, air conditioned room, and having crushed ice in my tall glasses of ice water. I almost feel like a teenager again.
It was sad to leave our little apartment. Cody and I will never forget the years we spent there and what a great place it has been to begin our life together.

8 comments:

ali said...

Ah, the sweet comforts of home. Your mom (and dad) will love having you there. I can't begin to imagine all the sweet treats that are going to come out of that kitchen in the coming month with you and Rosemary baking up a storm together.

p.s. Curtis is happy you like Rob & Big. They are funny dudes. And I hope the move went well.

allison said...

We are going to miss you at the Holladay Villa! Who is going to drop yummy baked goods on my doorstep?

It has been so fun being your neighbors. The new managers just wont compare. I hope we see you before you leave on your big adventure!

Holly and Dave said...

i say you should live it up and enjoy having a mom and dad AND husband to take care of you before you're off on your own again. it's like a big long weekend to get ready for monday morning. and now i can hang out with you AND mom all in the same place- talk about ideal!

Paige said...

Oh I have been missing you like crazy. I know you are busy, so I am going to give you a pass on the blogging deal. But when you move to hawaii I am going to need lots of details on the blog of your new and exciting life. Being at home is so fun if you know there is an end in sight...You made crushed ice sound so yummy.

Lindsey said...

We're totally livin' it up teenager style too - it's going to be hard to give this up...no spending money on groceries, no cooking unless you want to, built-in-babysitters (i guess most teenagers don't need babysitters), no bills, etc, etc, etc. it's the bomb.com/soconvenient.

Kim said...

I'm sad the little apartment has been abandoned, I needed one last hang out there playing pac man. I didn't get to say goodbye! I'm sure being at your parents will be such a nice break before you leave and I'm so glad you are enjoying the benefits of DVR, now you know why I was so sad without it. Such a great invention.

jamieanne said...

Mmmm...crushed ice. And the comforts of home.

Misa S said...

Oh my friend! It was funny to go to our 10 year reunion and then go home to my mom and dad's place! I am glad you are back at home too! Livin' it up! Maybe we should get together and walk around the circle, go swimming at Janelle's, play in the Jensen's yard, sleep out on the tramp, or go toilet papering? Let me know what, where, and when...and I will walk down the hill and meet you at the corner!