1. an Earthquake (5.3 and it nearly scared the socks off me)
2. a mild Hurricane (Hurricane Flossy, was just 5 miles south of South Point which about 20 or 30 miles away from us)
3. what (I think) a mission would feel like
4. wild chickens in our yard, cock-a-doodle-dooing at 4am.
5. 2 trips to costco (it feels like home there)
6. more trips than I want to remember to Walmart
7. really feeling what if feels like to be the minority
8. loving Cody more than anything
9. being hot ALL the time
10. dousing our house in Raid (just in case)
11. sharing our house with a family of lizards (one lives in each room)
12. white pineapple.....amazing.


10 comments:
Homemade Dole Whips? Find those fast. I have been missing you like crazy in this crazy blog world. I am so glad you are back. The first time I saw a lizard in Hawaii, my friends mom got so scared that she peed her pants. That is nice of them to keep you company. What island are you on again?
I completely remember having the chickens in my yard, the cockroaches both flying and crawling, never feeling so happy to go to WalMart and Costco and yes the humidity. So many fun things to look forward to *sigh*. I think I will be living through you vicariously for the next 4 years :)
oh my gosh..i feel like you're in another world. boo.
Glad you've survived so much! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!
I just can't believe that in only one week of being there, you've already been in an earthquake AND a hurricane (not to mention its apt sassy and chic name "Flossie").
With that kind of luck, you'll probably soon be woken up early in the morning by the sounds of Bigfoot burglarizing your house (including your computer - he's a big blogger) and as you chase him out the door, you see that a tidal wave is about to blow you to smithereens. Keep your nailgun close.
p.s. have you guys taught any first discussions yet?
Worse, Sasquatch might roll up riding a moose bareback. (That's what Curtis would say, to build on Tyler's comment).
Happy you're safe and sound, Lor. Anxiously awaiting more!
Seriously, an earthquake and a hurricane in a week! WOW
At least if you ever feel homesick you can go hang out a costco. It is kinda like home there. The kids and I frequent it often...the churros are awesome!
Seriously, an earthquake and a hurricane in a week! WOW
At least if you ever feel homesick you can go hang out a costco. It is kinda like home there. The kids and I frequent it often...the churros are awesome!
I'm so glad you are back in blogging land it makes me feel like you are not so far away. I wih you were on a mission at least that's only two years.
I love this list. I totally have experience almost all of those things, and I know how it feels. Its funny how places you pay no attention to in your own country (I know HI is still are country, but I mean really), all of the sudden are so nostalgic and home-feeling! It sounds like a crazy adventure, and I am sure that it will be one of those things you will reminisce about years down the road.
Post a Comment