Thursday, August 16, 2007

front yard flowers


These are the pretty flowers in our front yard.



And this is the pretty view of the house behind us in our back yard. Almost all the garages here look like this.....junk everywhere (there are no basements and no garbage pick-up---only do it yourself rubbish removal), sick.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
The flowers are incredible! I'm glad you're in one piece after the earthquake and such. I was thinking, wow, a hurricane and earthquake all in one day,,, how lucky are you?!! Well good luck, and maybe your clean garage area will inspire your neighbors to pick it up. Love, Janelley

tylah said...

I must say, that view from your backyard is breathtaking. Do they let you and Cody go play back there? I see an easel for Pictionary and Win, Lose, or Draw, some sweet tricycles that Cody could use to get to school on when he's in a hurry, and a pinata hanging from the carport. Is it really that fun, or did you just plant those things there to make it look better than it really is?

virginiaoak said...

Lori!!! I am so jealous that you are in Hawaii and I'm not.(For multiple reasons. ;)) Dave is working in Maui, but if I go down and it's easy to transport myself to the big island, I'll totally come and see you! So good to be in touch again. You look so great! Thanks for finding me. :) -Sarah
P.S. Didn't think Flossie hit you guys until I saw your neighbors garage. Wow...looks like quite a bit of damage. Poor things. ;)

blueeyedfreckle said...

do they burn there garbage there? If so I am sooo sorry for you, that's a stinky smell...

sarah marie. said...

it's so weird that you actually live there.

Lindsey said...

So glad you got there safe and sound!!! I can't wait to see your cute bungalow.. we had the same prob in S. Dakota - no garbage pickup by the city, but there were independent companies you could hire, have you looked into that? Maybe for $5 extra they'd throw away all your neighbor's garb when they weren't looking..hh. we miss you!!!

{irene} said...

Gorgeous flowers!, have fun girl!!!

Paige said...

So jelly. I can't wait to come visit. Aloha....You are going to hear that every sunday for the next 4 years from the pulpit. ..Mooka locka hey me I know you wanna lei me..

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori it is Janae and I just ran across your blog through Jen's blog. What an adventure to live in Hawaii. I just wanted to say Hi and good luck

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Lori - Hi Again. Loved hearing from you. I just linked you to our blog, hope you don't mind. What an experience to live in Hawaii. We are a lot alike. I couldn't handle that mess either.

jamieanne said...

Yuck. That rubbish is worse than NYC. Which I feel, is hard to do. But those flowers are waaay better than NYC. I bet it feels like you are on vacation or something. At least that's how I still feel.

Holly and Dave said...

do you think your neighbors FedEx'd all their stuff over too? must have cost them a fortune!