I had never heard of a blog before and one day at work Sarah showed me this new phenomenon. I was a little skeptical at first, thinking to myself... 'what am I going to post about?, I don't have babies, I don't go on big extravagant vacations, and I lead a pretty simple life….precious, but simple.' Well, I did it anyway, not knowing that this would be my immediate connection to my best friends, family, acquaintances, old friends I haven't seen for years, and even some new friends whom I've never met except on blogger. I feel so lucky to have so many close friends and to finally be able to keep in touch on a daily basis. I love being apart of your lives and you being apart of mine.
For some of you who don't know where the title of my blog comes from, I will fill you in. It used to be In Like A Lamb Out Like Lion---Hello Me, Meet The Real Me, but I shortened it to make things a little simpler. Megadeath is a band my husband listens to every now and then. Unfortunately I've had to endure some of their songs throughout the past three years of our marriage. When I was first setting up my blog, this song came on my itunes 'party mix' called Sweating Bullets by Megadeath. The lead singer has such a ridiculous voice, and tries to sound like he's the devil himself. The first phrase he sings in this song is 'hello me, meet the real me.' It is so funny to hear, and Cody and I kept playing it over and over again. I thought, sheesh....that's a great title for my blog........Hello Me (I may be the only one looking at my blog), Meet The Real Me (this is me, what I do, what I see, how I feel, what I like--or don't like) and I want you all to be apart of it. I try not to take blogging too serious, and just have fun with it, so why not go with a quote from Megadeath?
Here are some of my favorite photos over the past blogging year.






12 comments:
Lors..I love love love your blog, it is one of my all time faves. I have to laugh at all of your silly phrases and comments. I love this blogging world and I owe it all to you..for showing lin. You are the best. I love the caramel and cookie pic. I want a chocolate tour right now!
I too have loved reconnecting with old friends such as your self, and your blog always keeps me entertained. I bet Cody loves that you used Mega Death(Funny). Kyle would love for me to use Rush lyrics, but instead we settled for DMB lyrics.Happy One Year, wishing you many more.
good thing i made the cut.
Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you blog especially now that I can't see you everyday.
Megadeath?!? Truly amazing. Love the photos...especially Lucy, cotton candy, pirate, and who could forget Cody and his tree planting? Hope he's found a new cause over there on the island!
Besides those pictures of food, each one of those pictures is so cool. Looking at them makes my mind wander back to the time when they each occurred, each evoking a different mixture of emotions. They should be kept and saved forever.
happy 1 year~ I really enjoy your blog. I'm glad I was introduced to ya :)
also, I love that you got the name from megadeath, gives new meaning. and that goldfish photo is awesome.
i love all your pictures and comments, and they mean even more to me when i can imagine the story behind the photo.
Happy blogging bday. I hope I can hang in there long enough to make it a year! (ps I really miss you)
Lori, I love your blog! Keep it up!
I'm am so glad that you blog. I would have no idea about your life if not. Its so good to meet up with old friends.
nice pictures! Good composition (you need to come show my students what that means, they don't seem to get it...), and I am so glad you blog, because it is always so fun to read. Oh, and who is the pirate???
Post a Comment