
It was Mrs. Nelson's first grade class. I was the frightened new student whom had just moved in and was joining the class mid November. Mrs. Nelson announces to the class, "class, this is our new student Lori Sorensen....she just moved in and we are excited to have her in our class. Is there anybody who would volunteer to be Lori's 'buddy' and show her around our school and sit by her at lunch?" Immediately Misa's hand shot up, "I will Mrs. Nelson."Misa was my very first best friend. We did everything together, including shop for our clothes....(or was that our Moms shopping together for our clothes?) as I'm sure you can probably tell from the photos.....we pretty much had the same cute wardrobe. Misa taught be how to be a true friend, how to make good decisions, how to be loyal, how to unconditionally love others, how to be athletic, how to throw a good party, and how to have a deep and meaningful testimony. Misa is so thoughtful and serves others every chance she gets. She embraces her culture, speaks fluent Japanese, and can make a mean sushi roll. Happy Birthday Misa.


12 comments:
I love Misa too! Don't you just love the fact that she's someone you've known your entire life? She truly is an amazing, fun and inspiring person and I'm happy to have as a friend. Happy Birthday Misa!
Forgot to mention that your pictures are sa-weet! Love your high tops! How we get along now without both laces and Velcro to ensure our shoes stay on is beyond me.
I am dying over those pictures! Hilarious. I love the hand positioning in the first photo. So cute.
Happy birthday, Misa!! I, too, was in Mrs. Nelson's class those many years ago. Wow...by admitting that, I'm kind of feeling bad that I didn't jump so readily to be your buddy, Lori.Good thing we all ended up such great roadrunner friends.;)(Elementary school mascot, for those of you wondering.) Misa introduced me to puff paints and sponge/stencil art on t-shirts at one of her birthday parties long ago. It has proven to be so valuable over the years. I just finished an acid washed jean skirt last night-Can't wait to wear it! Kidding. Misa you're fantastic! Have the best day. Thanks for the memories ladies.
Happy Birthday Misa! You're too cute lori!
Lors...I love the pics. I especially love your bangs. Maybe you should revisit them. Bless your little heart. I wish I knew you then.
That top pic is hilarious, loving the bangs, what a sweet tribute to her.
those pictures are just way too funny.... maybe because we know that we all had an outfit that like that, and we were just way too COOL!!!! Not to mention the bangs to go with it!!
ROLLING!
LOVE it!
Lori, lori, lori...what am I supposed to do with you...I can't get mad because you always are so nice, but really...why do you have those pics with you in Hawaii. Those should be tucked sweetly away in Rosemary's basement somewhere!
Ahh, but it was fun to have a moment remembering the good ole days! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend all these years!
i love these pictures. i remember when that first one was in a white wicker frame to match your white wicker furniture. how precious. misa really is a life-long friend, who is nice to everyone she meets.
Post a Comment