meet Aimee ( I don't have a photo of her here with me in Hawaii....and she didn't even have one of herself on her blog)....those of you who know her know what a fun person she is to be around. She and I have Birthdays that are exactly one week apart, so I never forget her big day. Even though this is a really late Birthday wish, I still want her to know that I love her and miss her so much. Some of my favorite memories of my teenage life involve Aimee, in fact I'm laughing out loud right now just thinking of a few...getting sunburned in St. George, watching her make out with one of the Hubers right in front of everyone while we were all watching a movie, usually liking the same boys, her red jeep...and how cool we all thought we were driving around in it, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, sleepovers and then swimming and lunch on the Crayk's tab at Willowcreek, The Good Humor commercial, that you could talk her into pretty much doing whatever you wanted....she was the easiest person to get to sluff school...all you had to say is "Aimee, want to go get to Einstein's", and she would be in the car, jumping on the back of some strangers motorcycle on State St., watching her learn how to drive, singing Indigo Girls together, being able to have really good conversation, and having a best friend I could always rely on.
Friday, November 30, 2007
happy 10 day belated birthday
meet Aimee ( I don't have a photo of her here with me in Hawaii....and she didn't even have one of herself on her blog)....those of you who know her know what a fun person she is to be around. She and I have Birthdays that are exactly one week apart, so I never forget her big day. Even though this is a really late Birthday wish, I still want her to know that I love her and miss her so much. Some of my favorite memories of my teenage life involve Aimee, in fact I'm laughing out loud right now just thinking of a few...getting sunburned in St. George, watching her make out with one of the Hubers right in front of everyone while we were all watching a movie, usually liking the same boys, her red jeep...and how cool we all thought we were driving around in it, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, sleepovers and then swimming and lunch on the Crayk's tab at Willowcreek, The Good Humor commercial, that you could talk her into pretty much doing whatever you wanted....she was the easiest person to get to sluff school...all you had to say is "Aimee, want to go get to Einstein's", and she would be in the car, jumping on the back of some strangers motorcycle on State St., watching her learn how to drive, singing Indigo Girls together, being able to have really good conversation, and having a best friend I could always rely on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Happy Birthday to you and Aimee. What fun, funny memories! You are a great blogger, Lors...and an even better friend! :)
I love you lori. Thank you so much for saying such um...sweet things (except for the Huber and motorcycle thing...DELETE)! I miss you SO SO much. Now, "I'm the Good Humor Man...bebadbabadabo" is going to be in my head all day.
Ok. I was reading this post and all I have to say is I thought I knew everything about my sister. I guess she does keep SOME secrets from me. I won't worry about the Huber thng or the Motorcycle (I'm just glad she is still alive!). Its just probably a good thing I didn't know about it when they happened or protective big sister mode would have definitely kicked in!!!!! Thanks for sharing. (And I agree, I think Aimee is pretty great too!)
I, like Kari, also linked over from Aimee's. Aimee is pretty much pure entertainment 24/7. We just love her!
Making out in front of everyone. Seriously....Aimee!
Great list!
Marcie (Aimee's SIL)
happy birthday to aimee! thanks for always being nice to me, even though i was the dorky little sister. you've always provided everyone with good friendship and laughter. thanks for being a great friend to my sis.
Post a Comment