Monday, March 03, 2008

ooey gooey


cody loves all things peanut butter and banana. he even covers his pancakes and waffles (and anything else he can think of) with bananas and peanut butter. so when I saw this recipe I knew it had to be made in our kitchen.

 
Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches
1 large egg
1/4 cup whole milk
1 TBS. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
coarse salt
4 slices sandwich bread
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 bananas
1 TBS. butter
confectioners' sugar
In a shallow bowl whisk together egg, milk, brown sugar, nutmeg, and pinch of salt. Spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter. Dividing evenly, sandwich banana pieces between slices of bread. In a medium nonstick skillet heat butter over medium heat. One at a time, dip both sides of sandwich in egg mixture, and place in skillet. Cook until golden brown. 1 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer sandwich to plate, cute into quarters, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately. 

13 comments:

{irene} said...

That looks amazing!...and btw, you are the cutest pregnant woman ever!

Janelle said...

First time I had peanut butter on waffles was at Jensen's for a morning sleepover breakfast made by Terry. I haven't had waffles without it since then. It's the best! I'm trying this one out... thanks!

tylah said...

I can't think of anything nastier than the dreadful combination of peanut butter and bananas. Do you remember that one time Jeff made us sandwiches, and I ordered a plain peanut butter sandwich? Well Jeff, being the conniving older brother that he was, slipped some sliced bananas into my sandwich. After I bit into it and knew something was terribly wrong with this sandwich, I threw up. Ever since that day I have stayed far away from that menacing mixture.

The Powells said...

that looks soooo good!! i bet cody is a happy guy with that new recipe...thanks for sharing

sarah marie. said...

that looks sooo good. i miss your meals.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That looks crazy good - love the pictures! Mmmm!:)

Paige said...

Doi..This is only Elvis's favorite thing to eat. They even made a reeses peanut butter cup with banana creme in the middle to celebrate Elvis. I always crave the food you post for days.

Holly and Dave said...

I also share the love for the mixture of PB and bananas- it doesn't get much better! I've GOT to try this recipe; thanks for sharing! and paige, did you know that elvis also loved oreos with orange juice? i'm not quite sure how i know that...

Aimee said...

Ooo..I think they look great. Jason would make me sleep in a separate room though if I made them. He HATES peanut butter. I know, WHAT?

Liz said...

Thanks for planning our dinner tonight! Yummy!

blueeyedfreckle said...

Yeah, I love these, can't go wrong with these ingredients, right? oh, and I am sorry, I didn't know that someone could be 6 months pregnant and look the same as me on a normal day.....

Sarah said...

Sounds yummy to me too.

Janelle said...

I made this for my brunch the other day.... it is pretty gooey,,, you need a big glass of milk to accompany it.