Wednesday, June 11, 2008

fartin' around in the garage....

Now that Cody and I are both unemployed and just hanging out,---we are really starting to fit in here in Hawaii.

We are (not so patiently) waiting for the new member of our family to join us, which could be anytime but doesn't feel like it will ever come. In our best efforts to "stay busy" and keep our mind off the labor in the meantime we have.....
made many trips to the beach, had long---and I mean long---walks on the golf course, baked our first batch of homemade bread, spied on our sweet mother hen and her 12 little newborn chics, attended a matinee of a cheesy horror flick (Prom Night), cleaned and cleaned and cleaned our house, watched afternoon NBA games, had a few Dr. Mario tournaments (all of which I've won), and memorized the sale ads from Safeway.

Although this has only been one week, and I've been incredibly uncomfortable---I have loved spending so much time with Cody. At times I think, sheesh---we are really going to get sick of each other, but we don't.... each day has been just as much fun as the next. We are trying to enjoy these last few days alone together before our life gets turned upside down and will be changed forever. There is nothing we want more than our little girl to join us and we can't wait for her to come. But in the meantime we will be enjoying this alone time together, at least while it lasts.

Me: working on my Alexander The Grape, probably my 10th Otter Pop of the day. (Now you can all see how humongous I have really gotten.)

Cody: working on the changing table he has made for the little one (and me).

12 comments:

Kim said...

Hold it . . .you finally actually look pregnant and she's going to be here any minute! you look beautiful! Seriously enjoy your alone time together because pretty soon it's gone forever ok not forever but is limited to seriously small incraments(sp?) of time. Is that Cody in his garment top working in the garage?

ps I promise I'm going to call you back asap I'm dying to talk to you.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl! You look great! I am excited for you (and me) :)!

P.S. Is Cody really rockin' the G-force in the garage? Funny!

Janelle said...

I had no idea Cody was a handy dandy tool man... I love it! Glad he's doing something creative! Is he off for the summer? or do they just have a month or something? You really really are so cute pregnant Lorilee...Are you waddling during your walks...? I always ended up walking like a penguin..

sarah marie. said...

you are so cute i can hardly even stand it. i miss you so much right now after reading this and seeing this picture of you. and cody. maybe we should come to hawaii for our honeymoon..and then we could have a foursome!!! and play dr. mario.

steph said...

oh that belly is so cute. glad to see you finally have it!

Anonymous said...

you look really cute lori. I am so excited for your little bundle to arrive. But - do enjoy the quiet alone time... it really does come quicker than you think!

Lindsay said...

Too bad she didn't decide to come before we leave :(
But I guess that means we'll have something to look forward to when we come back.

btw Cody's changing table rocks!! Oh and your belly is sooo adorable, you look beautiful!

Holly and Dave said...

first of all, you look darling! i love looking at your little belly and imagining who's inside. i can't wait to meet her. second, what the heck is cody wearing? it's quite the shirt! but way to go on being handy. what a fun time you two are having- you'll remember this forever.

The Powells said...

i love that belly...and you are beautiful. its just not fair..your not swollen, your face its puffy, you just have a belly, and not a very big one!! you look amazing. good luck, that little girl will be here before you know it, and i know it seems like forever away. i remember the waiting game!! it sucks -- anyway, good luck to you guys!! cant wait to see her beautiful little face

Jeff Sorensen said...

Hey - Lori, you look great. Take this as a compliment - I think you look like Mom looked when she was pregnant (you know, from those old grainy photos we have where you can see Mom pregnant...The ones that look like color pictures were just barely invented). I can't wait for your little girl to come. Have you announced a name yet? - It better have a Hawaiian theme to it. Maybe Lulu, Kona, Loha, or Mackie Damia? I take it from the other comments posted that Cody was originally wearing his G's in the garage, and then you decided to do a little photoshopping and made him look like he is wearing some ridiculous T-shirt out of the 80's - black with flourescent orange. The changing table looks freaking awesome. Cody should make a bunch of them and sell them. RC's Willey practically charges the naming rights to your firstborn for something like that, but of much less quality of course. I always like hearing of you playing Dr. Mario. It reminds me of when we went to St. George and you brought Dr. Mario with and I had not played in 10 years, and you had been playing like 12 hours a day for the last 6 months straight - remember that? And I told you I would beat you by the time we left. And how I beat you within 24 hours. Remember that? That was sweet.

Good luck

PS Ethan and you should have an Otter Pop eating contest.

blueeyedfreckle said...

I think that you are THE CUTEST PREGNANT GIRL (I hate the word woman) I have EVER seen! Oh my gosh! You should be a pregancy model! Just don't do any nude poses, those wierd me out. Oh, and Cody's changing table is really really nice. I can't believe he made it! He should quit school and be a display coordinator at anthro! haha j.k.

Allison said...

Oh my goodness you are adorable! I love this picture of you. You look beautiful! When are you due? I was 2 weeks overdue with Bella. Oy!