Thursday, February 19, 2009

the forecast, the beach and a baby

I think February is the best month in Hawaii. I mean, look at that forecast...
Every time I step outside I keep feeling the feeling of Spring.  It makes me want to load up the car and head on down to St. George to get my first sunburn of the season. Instead, we loaded up the beach bags and headed to our favorite beach for the day. 
Boy it sure is different going to the beach with a little one in tow. It takes an hour to pack the bag to go-- and not just one bag but like 12, an umbrella, a cooler, 3 towels, and lunch. Then between bottles, baby food feedings, multiple sunscreen applications (on 3 different people) and trying to keep handfuls of sand from going into her mouth (which I wasn't successful with) it's not as relaxing as it used to be. But definitely a lot more fun. 
I didn't pull my camera out until sunset, just when Cody was getting out of the water, and we did manage to get a few shots of what a beautiful day it was. This beach is amazing and we (along with some friends) were the only ones in site all day.

15 comments:

Kim said...

are you kidding me? that looks like heaven right now, you have no idea how jealous I am!

Lindsey said...

Lors, you are seriously the best, prettiest, most stylin' mom out there. You look so cute on the beach. I can't even start to tell you how jealous I am, but mostly it just makes me miss you even more than I did! We seriously need summer around here - as I type Josie is running around with no diaper singing "I'm naked!!" We're so tired of bundling up!!!

Lindsey said...

PS: She is also dragging around her jammies telling me they are her beach towel, so I showed her the pics of you cuties at the beach and she said very seriously "Mom, I need to go with her."

sarah marie. said...

that picture of you with june and cody's foot is the cutest thing i've ever seen. and i want to be there with all three of you.

The Powells said...

im dying right now...i wish i was sitting at the beach!!!

The Hebbs said...

OH I miss you guys. I really am sooooooo sad I never got to go to the beach with you....not even once.sad! Miss ya

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I wish having to reapply sunscreen and shoveling sand in my mouth were options for me. We are all living through you...so jealous!

Janelle said...

I love the forecast down here too! We're 84 on Tuesday! You look so cute on the beach with your babe. I know, it's way different packing up now. Life will never ever be the same as it was. It is a lot of fun now too watching June explore huh!?

Cami said...

How fun! I can't believe you had the beach all to yourself! Where is this beautiful beach? I am loving the sunset. I'm sure it was quite the task keeping the sand out of June's mouth. Rian loves to eat the dead leaves and grass as well...cute little kiddos. I had to laugh at her push-up pose. She is too cute! She needs to keep those chubber cheeks tho!

Holly and Dave said...

how i wish i could be there with you right now. you're one of the best beach partners i know, making sure we have ample twizzlers and sudokus.

... said...

It does look so nice on that side of the island. Too bad our side wont stop raining!! gag! If only spring break would hurry up and get here:)

Lindsay said...

that really looks so wonderful. it's days like those that make living here so worth it. thanks for preparing me for beach days with a baby, i know it will never be the same, but still fun!

steph said...

lori, you're killing me!

blueeyedfreckle said...

oh man, I wish I were at the beach. ugh. It looks so pretty and warm. jealous. And I can only imagine what it is like having a baby at the beach!!! Did she get tons of sand in her diaper? I used to hate getting it in my bathing suit when I was little. But I bet it was fun to see her experience everything around her.

Liz said...

amazing. If only I could catch a flight and be there. Wow!