
happy birthday to my favorite little boy.
we had to come up to salt lake for the weekend, and decided to stay an extra day so we could celebrate this big boy's birthday. my parents were kind enough to let us party in their basement, and although max had no idea the get together was for him, we had a sweet time seeing our families and eating pizza and cake.
it was completely impossible trying to get a picture of max by himself. if I pulled june away, max would fight me and crawl toward her. and if I pulled max away, june would also fight me and end up right back at his side. so, she's in every picture too.
yes, he hated his hat and no, he didn't really like opening his presents.
but he loved his cake and was amazed by the candle.

I love this picture. it shows their personalities right now so much. max is full of amazement and wonder in everything and anything. june, on the other had, is busting with excitement. she wakes up at 6:45am unable to sleep because she's so excited it's "morning time."
I love when your chubby little hands grab at my legs and I hear your voice saying "ma ma" because you want to be held for just a few minutes.
I love that your appetite is insatiable.
I love your little temper and how you'll bonk your head on the ground when you are mad.
I love when you shy away from a new face and bury your grin in my shoulder.
for your birthday I let you do all of your favorite things:
stand at the open dishwasher and unload all the dirty dishes
walk around pushing the walking trian--honking the really annoying horn all day long
cuddle in my arms at night time until you fall asleep
crawl up the stairs over and over again
have a bath with lots of bubbles


11 comments:
Happy birthday sweet boy....I cant believe he is ONE!!!! He is so handsome and sweet. Love all the pics. The Cake look AmAzInG!! and you look amazing.
happy birthday max! we love you..
Happy birthday Max!!!! Cutest boy EVER!!!! My Lily is a head-bonker too - I think it's sweet because I picture she's just so mad she wants to hit something but remembers "hitting is bad", so she bonks her head on things to blow off some steam. Hilarious.
Max's cake is genius - cutest ever. I miss u!!! Your family is the cutest in the uni!!!! xoxoxoxo
Lori, I swear I am the worst blogg person ever! But I still love to check up on you guys. Happy B-day little Max. Seriously, where has the time gone? I still feel like he should be a tiny baby in your pack. But, he is seriously so sweet and I LOVE Junes excited face, she is just like Presley. Hope you all are better, we all just got taken out AGAIN with some crazy throw-up bug--- I HATE IT HERE, the sicknesses never end! Miss you guys- see you in MAY:)
I'm with Linds. That Max cake is genius. Your little blonde family makes me want to move to the neatherlands and never come back. I was dying laughing about your Chris Harrison comment. Hillairf,
cool m&m cake!!! and I love there little personalities showing in that photo, adorable. and I love that you let max do all those less-than-desirable things on his birthday b/c he loves them. YOu are a rockstar mom.
Lori, I love hearing about how much you love being a mom. And also how much you love your June and Max. They are so lucky to have you! And not just because you're the best cake-baker on the block.
Happy Birthday Max!
I love that MAX cake. So cute!
Hols let me have some of those cookies and they were Delicious!
I'm so glad I was able to help celebrate max- he is one of my favorite little boys too. the cake(s) were darling and delicious, and your family couldn't be any sweeter.
happy birthday max! what a handsome sweet edible little face you have. wish i could see more of it.
miss you guys!
happy birthday cute little max! wow, i can't believe he is one. your cakes look amazing and i love that family picture. hoping we're still coming to visit soon...i'll call you.
Post a Comment