Wednesday, September 21, 2011

this is how they roll

Our final days of summer. Please don't go away.
We spend hours out here-- June on her scooter, Max on his train.
They race, and it's usually a tie. (unless June boxes him out)
Max cruises on that thing... it's hilarious.
He man-handles this train like it's nobody's business.

Just a few outdoor milestones this summer:
June can swing on a big girl swing, all by herself.
June can peddle a tricycle-- her long boney knees barely make it under the handlebars.
Max can climb the latter of a slide and go down, without a near death fall on his head.
June has mastered her 3-wheeled scooter, and sort of likes her helmet (but she says "Mom, I only have to wear it when I go really fast)
Max has learned (the hard way) that he needs a hand to hold when he goes down concrete stairs.
Max loves the lawn mower and skateboards... I think even more than he loves me.
June can officially pee while squatting.. she is ready to camp.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I love that June boxes him out...You gotta win girlfriend. Haha.

sarah marie. said...

love those suspenders!

Holly and Dave said...

that helmet looks darling on june, and max is dead serious about that train. can't wait to see him skateboard all by himself. love those two daredevils.

blueeyedfreckle said...

Totally diggin june's outfit. And I am jealous of whatever park you guys are in! So pretty! Your kids are so cute together. Makes me so excited for the future!