Meet Cody, he is my once normal husband, who has now turned into a tree hugger. He is obsessed with planting trees. (A few weeks ago he had to cut a few trees down because of BoxElder bugs and is now--I think--feeling remorseful.) He has been buying cheap trees from Home Depot, and is depositing them in various places throughout the city. The one picture here is in a grassy meadow near a freeway entrance. After the tree is planted, he occasionally does a 'drive by' to water it and make sure he/she is still surviving. I love the way he cares so much about these plants and treats them like a pet. His Mom has an extremely green thumb, to say the least, so I think it's in his blood. I'm happy of his new found hobby, as long as he doesn't make me join Green Peace.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Green Peace
Meet Cody, he is my once normal husband, who has now turned into a tree hugger. He is obsessed with planting trees. (A few weeks ago he had to cut a few trees down because of BoxElder bugs and is now--I think--feeling remorseful.) He has been buying cheap trees from Home Depot, and is depositing them in various places throughout the city. The one picture here is in a grassy meadow near a freeway entrance. After the tree is planted, he occasionally does a 'drive by' to water it and make sure he/she is still surviving. I love the way he cares so much about these plants and treats them like a pet. His Mom has an extremely green thumb, to say the least, so I think it's in his blood. I'm happy of his new found hobby, as long as he doesn't make me join Green Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Why is Cody so awesome?!
One of my favorite things I've read.
Go Cody! I hope he maintains this hobby- the world will be a much better place!
I love trees! I think that is so awesome that Cody is planting trees. When we moved out here I was sad that since it was such a new area there are no mature trees (our old yard had 8!). So we plant them also as much as we can.
shut the heck up. i'm dying.
Cody is SO funny! I love it. Is the tree he planted on the freeway entrance/exit in Sugarhouse? I think I remember him talking about that. I'm going to have to look next time I drive by!
That just made my day! haha. I LOVE it. way to go Cody, we need more people like you...
I hope the trees he cut down were the ones at the Holladay Villa...those bugs were the worst!! Didn't you have one in your hair once??
Brooke... yes, that's why they are now chopped down!
Cody is so great. Tree huggers are the best.
That is hilarious. I think Cody will get extra blessings for taking care of the planet. God will totally appreciate that..Good job cody.
Lori, that is super. After being out East, Utah could use a few more trees!!
I'm actually curious about the pictures...they look slight under-coverish?
Cody makes me laugh. This is seriously amazing!
I love Cody now even more than I did before!!!
Post a Comment