Things I can not live without...
I never knew how dependant I was on my high speed connection to the world. The first week we were here we had no internet and I felt lost. I couldn't do anything, didn't know how to get to the grocery store, couldn't find addresses, didn't know how much money we had to spend, didn't know where to be and when, not knowing if we were going to be hit by a hurricane or when the next Earthquake would strike...... we pretty much just sat here and played Rummikub.
Being able to talk to my family and friends whenever I want has given me a peace of mind and has been an aid to my homesickness.
I love the TV. Like the internet, it is our portal to the real world. Even though we live on (what feels like) a deserted island, I still want to watch So You Think You Can Dance, Talk Soup, America's Next Top Model, and the news...can't wait to tune into a gory Dateline.
- my green Nalgene water bottle

Anyone from my work could tell you that thing goes with me wherever I go.
- cody

Just look at that face, who could live without him?

This isn't everyone (obvisouly), it's just the most recent picture with family. But I never knew how much I would miss mine and Cody's family. They have been so loving and supportive, we feel lost without all of them.
I think about you guys all the time. Wonder what you are doing, where you're going and what you're wearing. :)

This is my life; it's my journal, planner, note taker, idea keeper....everything. It goes with me everywhere and I love it.
5 comments:
Things we can't live without: The Walkers.
I agree with Kim...
I know how you feel about the internet too. Whenever a random thought or question pops into my head, I never think about it too long, I go straight to google. It's pathetic. I wonder if my brain even works anymore. hhh
I know what you mean - I can't go anywhere without my metal detector.
miss that nalgene bottle.
thank goodness for cell phones and internet- man i would be in tears if i couldn't see or talk to you somehow!! are you going to get a new planner that has hibiscus flowers on it?
Post a Comment