today felt like the first day of summer.
it reminded me of the day when you get to open the first box of your annual girl scout cookies or when you can smell spring is in the air. you finally get to roll down the windows in your car and turn your radio up a few notches above normal.
I was hoping to hear the song of the ice cream truck coming into our neighborhood but instead I heard the continual sound of our neighbor mowing his lawn (I never knew it could take a person two hours to mow a patch of grass that is the size of one single parking stall). I even splurged at the grocery store, buying a pack of Klondike Bars (they were on sale for heaven's sake). I didn't change out of my swimsuit until 5pm and still haven't showered.
cody and I were able to spend some time together at the beach, and lucky us--we were the only ones there. we ate pb&j's on our beach blankets and talked about how lucky we are to have this time together.
being away from the ones that I love (besides Cody) and everything I'm used to in my life has been hard for me. it has not been easy going from two incomes to no income, from rosemary's yummy kitchen at my fingertips to my new kitchen with hawaiian priced groceries, from many friends we loved to spend time with to new couples we both try to relate to, from great restaurants that could satisfy any craving to pretty much only mc donalds, pizza hut or baskin robins.
having these changes has helped me try to focus on some of the little things that make my life happy, rather than think about the things we are used to having at home. today I was so grateful for the weather, it made me feel happy, healthy, optimistic and excited for nothing at all.


15 comments:
What a good reminder for me to enjoy this time just for the sake of this time. Though I'll be honest...wouldn't mind if "this time" were over in Hawaii :)
I wish I could have a moment like that here. We got more snow today. I can't wait to put on flip flops and roll my windows down. Love the girl scout cookie statement.. that is so true....
What a sweet post! Made me ache for the summer-time... Enjoy the weather for us!
that is so cute lori. I love that you and cody spent the day together and the weather looks pretty amazing so enjoy!!
I've really been trying to remind myself lately to just enjoy the simple things and life right now so thanks for that post I really liked it. I'm longing for summer big time, I'm tired of being trapped inside with freezing cold temperatures outside so enjoy the beach for all of us!
no one's cuter than you. i love you so much and am so proud of the progress you've made out there. you really are growing..and not just in your stomach.
oh and i love me some pizza hut.
Being happy about nothing at all is the best kind of happiness. I think of you often and hope you know how loved and missed you are. Would love to get together when you come in town...plan on it.
I love this post. You are so sweet! I wish I could be sitting on the beach. I am SO ready for Spring!
That was a great post Lors...it's so true that the simple things in life are what really make us happy. Thanks for the reminder.
love you!
I'm glad you and cody were able to spend the day together. Enjoy it, I know it's cliche, but you'll miss this time soon enough. Stuggling without money, just the two of you. Such a fun chapter of your lives. I miss you!!!
You are an amazing person for being able to see the good in a seemingly frustrating situation. Will you please post some pregnant photos? I keep reading about the fact that you are prego, but I can't really believe it 'til I see it!
b-e-a-utiful. It makes me wanna go jump off something dudes. Yeah bro, or blow somethin' up.
what a sweet little post!
Amazing...so I'm just now reading this post about girl scout cookies summer etc (btw it is only 41 degrees in Salt Lake right now) and my doorbell rings. My girl scout is standing there with my cookies! Whaaaatt?!? I immediately ate one of each, thin mint, dosido and tag along. :)
Post a Comment