I can't believe my baby is one year old.
I used to love my Birthday, then I loved Cody's Birthday, but now June's Birthday knocks the socks off any other day of the year. Not just because of the yummy pink cupcakes, excuses to buy toys AND clothes, and the warm weather that allows Birthday picnics at the park, but because all day I'm reminded of how lucky I am that this little one came into our lives.
She is focusing really hard on that wish. I wonder what it could be..... perhaps a new pair of squeaky shoes? some more Cheetos's? or a complete set of dish rags to carry around the house? (her favorite thing to do). I think she was a little caught off guard by all presents, guests, balloons, and very own cake... that all her expressions were a little dazed when she's normally all smiles.
It's hard to believe it's only been one year, I can hardly remember my life without her.... but at the same time I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. She is so big compared to her newborn pictures, it's hard to believe it's the same little girl. Does she really have a molar already? Can she already lick the beaters? Can she really walk, well actually run, all over the place? Is she really trying to say words and point to things that are familiar? Does she eat her own Happy Meal (well, with a little help from mom)?
This has been one of my favorite years in my life so far. Although hard at times, June has done nothing but enhanced my life. I feel I am a better person because of her. This new love I've felt has helped me to see things more clearly, and allows me distinguish between what types of things really are important and which are not. She give me more to worry about... the stairs, strangers, germs, marbles--Lego's--and dice, swimming pools, speeding cars, and irons are just a few to start with. And don't even get me started on my irrational fears..... I guess the way I feel for her also makes me feel very vulnerable at times.
I think she now knows that I love her, but she has no idea how much... and she never will. Not until she's celebrating her own child's 1st Birthday.


21 comments:
Lorilee...I love her. June is a dream come true. You and Cody are one of my top favorite couples of all time and June is the icing on the cake. You guys are the cutest little family and I know that you are an amazing mom. June is just as lucky to have you as you are to have her. Happy Birthday June!!
okay so this post just made me cry a little:) Pregnancy hormones + excitement over feeling this way one day too. These photos are amazing. I CANNOT believe she is one year old, but its true, she looks so much older, especially when she is walking around! crazy! And I seriously hope her dreams of dish rags come true.
Oh and cute cake.
and I laughed out loud about you wearing your chacos to fit in with the granola crowd or when at REI. hilarious.
i'm so happy for you and for her. what an exciting life you have to share together. you are so lucky.
the quintessential birthday hat. what a li'l darling. way to make such a special day so memorable. she's lucky to have you too.
Happy Birthday June! What a darling little one you have Lori!
Happy Birthday June! You are adorable.
i got a little emotional over this - dang hormones! i have loved seeing june grow over this past year. she is so lucky to have parents who love her so much. happy birthday june!
ps i love that hat!
Happy Birthday June! I was thinking of you while we were celebrating Ivy's big day! I too am amazed how quick the year went by. Our little babes are growing up and while it is so fun to watch them grow its also so sad that it happens so quickly.
Oh that last pic is the sweetest thing - all of June's fans capturing every smile and moment of her special day. Sweet, sweet girl - being the mom to a little girl is such an amazing blessing - and she is so so so so blessed to be yours and Cody's. Love her - and you - more pics please!
Hhhhhhhhhhhh - that was me, Ben has a blog for the YM in our ward...hhhhhhh
Cutest photos ever. I can't stop looking at them. I hope you took her out of that adorable little romper before she dived into that cake!
Happy Birthday, June (and Lori)!
that top pic is killin me...it better be in a frame so you can look at it always!!! she is to dang cute, and i really cant believe she is one! horray, happy birthday June..you are the cutest thing EVER!
one year that went too fast! that was a sweet post lori and I love her pink cake and her cute birthday hat. she is so sweet can't wait to see her SOOON i hope!
happy birthday june! i love you so..
WOW I can not believe Junie baby is 1. She looks so stiknin cute in her birthday hat. What a great momma. I made Chirs read what you said about being the best time of your life...(nad hard at times)and told him I want to feel like this.
darling pictures by the way lor.
Happy 1st Birthday little June! Geez-Louise did that year just fly? She looks darling in her little romper, squeeky shoes and party hat. What a special day for all of you. :)
i can't believe she is one.
i love her hat. i love her cake. i love her heat sweater. i love her face.
Happy b day june. Tell your mommy to send me your address so that presley can send you her little present. Hope you are all having fun in the mainland. We are having fun but are having a hard time adjusting to living with our parents for so long-- sure you know the feeling--hahah:) miss you guys.
ADORABLE!! The face, the hat, and just everything...what a cute little girl.
Wow, it's been a whole year already! It looks like your threw an excellent party in honor of June. You are such a good mommy, i love how you write about your feelings of motherhood. I kinda forget that stuff,,, then you mention it, and it gives me a warm fuzzy, until my kids begin screaming and whining all over the place.... whoa is me... :)
Post a Comment